If you have your payments taken automatically from your bank account, you pay by direct debit.
If you pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly by direct debit, you won’t have any payments deducted until December.
To help you understand, we’ve outlined each payment frequency below.
- Weekly. If your payment is due on Friday 27 October, it will be taken as usual. Your paid premium date will then be taken ahead for a full calendar month. Depending on your paid-to-date (the day your premium is paid up until), you shouldn’t have another deduction taken from your bank account for four weeks. You’ll notice that the next payment (after the free month is applied) will be slightly lower to align your premium with your regular payment cycle.
- Fortnightly. If your payment is due on Friday 27 October, it will be taken as usual. The one month free will then be applied to your membership and you’ll miss two usual deductions in November. You’ll notice that the next payment (after the free month is applied) will be slightly lower to align your premium with your regular payment cycle.
- Monthly/Quarterly/Half Yearly/Yearly. If your payment falls on Friday 27 October or Saturday 28 October, your debit will occur as normal. Your next monthly payment will not be taken, and normal debits will occur from December. If your payment occurs on any other day, the day your premium is paid to will move ahead by a whole calendar month, so you won’t have your next payment taken. Regular payments will then resume as usual in December. If you pay quarterly/half yearly/yearly, your next payment due date will be pushed back by one month.
Please note if you’re behind with your premium payments, your one month free may be impacted. Please contact our friendly Member Services team to chat about how we can help.
If you pay us directly (we issue you a regular payment notice), we’ve outlined how your payment may be impacted.
- Monthly/Quarterly/Half Yearly/Yearly. Your one month free will be applied early in November. Since payment notices are issued in advance, they don’t take into account your one month free. If you’ve received a payment notice, but aren’t sure about when or how much you should pay, you can use the online Member Services portal to check your paid-to -date. Just go to the ‘Make a Payment’ tab and you’ll see your current paid- to-date. And of course, you can always give us a call and we’ll help you out.
If you pay your premium via salary deduction, the one month free will still be applied to your membership and will take your paid-to-date (the date you’ve paid your premiums to) forward by one calendar month. You can check your paid-to-date in the online Member Services portal, or by giving us a call.
About salary deductions: Your salary deductions are generally taken for a pay period ended. This often means members' paid to dates are ‘behind’, as there’s a period of time involved in having your payment sent to us and processed.
I’ve paid in advance. How can I still receive the one month free?
If you’ve paid your premium in advance, your one month free will be added to your paid-to-date (the date you’ve paid your premiums to). You can check your paid-to-date in the online Member Services portal, or by getting in touch with our friendly Member Services team.
Will there be another month free?
We promised all RT Health members who were with us on or before 1 November 2021 that they’d get one month free in November 2022 and again in November 2023.
There may not be another one month free, but there are some other member benefits. Check them out here.
How is RT Health supporting and giving back to members?
We’re proud of the growing range of benefits and level of support we’ve provided to members in recently, including (just to name a few):
- Delaying premium increases three times in four years.
- Our cashback to members in 2023.
- A giveback of more than $3.6 million in COVID claims savings to eligible RT Health members in December last year.
- Two month’s free health cover in two years for members who were with RT Health on or before 1 November 2021.
- RT Thank You. Our loyalty rewards program helps members access great savings on everyday household spending items like groceries and fuel, as well as shopping and entertainment.
We’re with you every step of the way. If you’d like to know more about the one month free or have a question about your cover, you can always give us a call on 1300 886 123 (Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm AEDT) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll be happy to help!